Eleven new members to the 2007 CE Hall of Fame were announced during a luncheon at the Consumer Electronics Association‘s (CEA) Washington Forum conference. The two-day conference is being held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.
Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of CEA, the association that created the CE Hall of Fame in 2000, praised the new members for their efforts to improve the lifestyles of consumers all over the world. “These 11 individuals have contributed enormously to the growth of the consumer electronics industry. They are truly deserving of this honor,” he says.
The CE Hall of Fame includes inventors, executives, engineers, retailers, and journalists who are chosen by a panel of industry judges each year. The judging for 2007 took place in New York on February 27th. Nominations are submitted by industry professionals and media through online submissions at www.CE.org.
Following are the new members of the 2007 CE Hall of Fame in the categories for which they were inducted:
· Paul Allen, who with Bill Gates, founded Microsoft
· Amar Bose, founder and chairman of Bose Corp.
· Steve Sasson, an electrical engineer who invented the digital camera at Eastman Kodak Co.
· The German team of Karlheinz Brandenberg, Dieter Seitzer and Heinz Gerhauser, who developed the MP3 format.
· John McDonald, former CEO of Casio Inc.
· Richard M. “Dick” Schulze, founder and chairman of retailing giant, Best Buy
· William Crutchfield, founder of catalog retailer Crutchfield Inc.
· J. Edward Day, CEA Counsel and lawyer, who represented the industry in the Betamax case.
· The late Art Weinberg, who wrote about the industry for Home Furnishings Daily.
These leaders will be inducted into the CE Hall of Fame during CEA’s Industry Forum to be held in San Diego Oct. 15-17, 2007. For more information about the program, visit www.CE.org.
Related Topics: News
Attention Music Lovers and Content Creators: Sennheiser Announces Spring Rebate on Select Headphones, Microphones and Wireless Systems
South Carolina Installs Two Broadcast Pix Mica Systems for HD Video Coverage of State House
Almo Professional A/V Launches Content Creatio Services Program
SONNOX – FIRST 3RD PARTY DEVELOPER WITH AVID S3L CONSOLE- QUALIFIED AAX DSP PLUG-INS
HARMANâ€™s Soundcraft to Host â€śMixing with Professionalsâ€ť Sessions at Prolight & Sound 2014
Kramer Introduces the Newest Additions to its Award Winning ProScaleâ„˘ Presentation Scaler/Switcher Line
Belkin Unveils Secure Web Camera Adapter
Belkin Releases Advanced Secure USB Peripheral Switch
ASK Proxima Partners With Stampede For Its Projection Products