Eleven new members to the 2007 CE Hall of Fame were announced during a luncheon at the Consumer Electronics Association‘s (CEA) Washington Forum conference. The two-day conference is being held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.
Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of CEA, the association that created the CE Hall of Fame in 2000, praised the new members for their efforts to improve the lifestyles of consumers all over the world. “These 11 individuals have contributed enormously to the growth of the consumer electronics industry. They are truly deserving of this honor,” he says.
The CE Hall of Fame includes inventors, executives, engineers, retailers, and journalists who are chosen by a panel of industry judges each year. The judging for 2007 took place in New York on February 27th. Nominations are submitted by industry professionals and media through online submissions at www.CE.org.
Following are the new members of the 2007 CE Hall of Fame in the categories for which they were inducted:
· Paul Allen, who with Bill Gates, founded Microsoft
· Amar Bose, founder and chairman of Bose Corp.
· Steve Sasson, an electrical engineer who invented the digital camera at Eastman Kodak Co.
· The German team of Karlheinz Brandenberg, Dieter Seitzer and Heinz Gerhauser, who developed the MP3 format.
· John McDonald, former CEO of Casio Inc.
· Richard M. “Dick” Schulze, founder and chairman of retailing giant, Best Buy
· William Crutchfield, founder of catalog retailer Crutchfield Inc.
· J. Edward Day, CEA Counsel and lawyer, who represented the industry in the Betamax case.
· The late Art Weinberg, who wrote about the industry for Home Furnishings Daily.
These leaders will be inducted into the CE Hall of Fame during CEA’s Industry Forum to be held in San Diego Oct. 15-17, 2007. For more information about the program, visit www.CE.org.
Related Topics: News
Archimedia Announces Enterprise Media Player for Any Media Professional, Regardless of Expertise
West Coast Catalyst AV Distribution Network Member Custom Plus Distributing Appoints Steven Ricks as Territory Sales Manager
HPA to Host Symposium Leading Into SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
Calrec Audio IBC2014 Product Preview, Stand 8.C58
Award-Winning Gefen Solution Distributes HDMI with USB, RS-232, IR and Audio over a Local Area Network with Option to Create Virtual Matrix Switching Solution
Christie Donates Projectors and Installation Services to San Diegoâ€™s Museum of Photographic Arts
NUAGE Road Tour and Nuendo Masterclass at RSPE Audio Solutions
RTI Now Shipping Next-Generation RK1+ In-Wall Keypad
Extron Introduces New USB Extender that Supports a Wide Range of Devices