Eleven new members to the 2007 CE Hall of Fame were announced during a luncheon at the Consumer Electronics Association‘s (CEA) Washington Forum conference. The two-day conference is being held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.
Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of CEA, the association that created the CE Hall of Fame in 2000, praised the new members for their efforts to improve the lifestyles of consumers all over the world. “These 11 individuals have contributed enormously to the growth of the consumer electronics industry. They are truly deserving of this honor,” he says.
The CE Hall of Fame includes inventors, executives, engineers, retailers, and journalists who are chosen by a panel of industry judges each year. The judging for 2007 took place in New York on February 27th. Nominations are submitted by industry professionals and media through online submissions at www.CE.org.
Following are the new members of the 2007 CE Hall of Fame in the categories for which they were inducted:
· Paul Allen, who with Bill Gates, founded Microsoft
· Amar Bose, founder and chairman of Bose Corp.
· Steve Sasson, an electrical engineer who invented the digital camera at Eastman Kodak Co.
· The German team of Karlheinz Brandenberg, Dieter Seitzer and Heinz Gerhauser, who developed the MP3 format.
· John McDonald, former CEO of Casio Inc.
· Richard M. “Dick” Schulze, founder and chairman of retailing giant, Best Buy
· William Crutchfield, founder of catalog retailer Crutchfield Inc.
· J. Edward Day, CEA Counsel and lawyer, who represented the industry in the Betamax case.
· The late Art Weinberg, who wrote about the industry for Home Furnishings Daily.
These leaders will be inducted into the CE Hall of Fame during CEA’s Industry Forum to be held in San Diego Oct. 15-17, 2007. For more information about the program, visit www.CE.org.
Related Topics: News
MIRA Mobile M-12HD and SportsNet LA Capture High-Quality Close-Ups, Panoramic Shots and Night-time Slo-Mo With FUJINON Optics
Journeyâ€™s FOH Engineer as Guest Speaker in Upcoming Meyer Sound Online Mixing Workshop
TC Furlong Hosts Digital Console Expo
Remix Mobyâ€™s â€śThe Last Dayâ€ť on Blend
HARMANâ€™s Martin Professional Introduces The JEM Hazer Pro For Advanced Atmospheric Haze Effects
Alcorn McBride Welcomes J.R. Solis To The Sales Team
Shotoku To Boost Worldwide Sales Initiatives with Appointment of New Technical Sales Manager
California Baptist Universityâ€™s Collinsworth School of Music Preaches to the Choir about DPA Microphones
Sennheiserâ€™s Esfera wins IABM Design and Innovation Award