Polycom, Inc. [NASDAQ: PLCM], the world‘s leading provider of unified collaborative communications solutions, today announced enhancements to its market-leading Polycom VSX™ series of video conferencing endpoints, the most widely deployed video conferencing products in the world with more than 150,000 systems in use today. VSX Release 8.7 software adds new capabilities including simplified use in mixed networks (H.323 and SIP switching), quality of service (QoS) enhancements, support for gatekeeper redundancy for mission critical video applications, enhanced remote management, and additional language support.
“The Polycom VSX series is a critical collaboration tool for thousands of organizations around the globe and across a variety of industries,” said Joe Sigrist, senior vice president and general manager, Video Solutions Group, Polycom. “While high definition video and telepresence are emerging and receiving a lot of attention, the reality is customers will migrate to these platforms over time while continuing to operate in mixed video endpoint environments. The VSX products remain the most widely used and are the leading endpoints in their class in terms of quality, features, performance and overall value to customers.”
VSX 8.7 supports Polycom‘s ongoing integration efforts with strategic alliance partners to make video conferencing a seamless part of leading unified collaboration environments. VSX 8.7 features integration support for the Avaya Video Telephony Solution, Polycom Unified Collaboration for IBM Lotus Sametime and Lotus Notes, and Polycom Unified Collaboration for Microsoft LCS 2005.
In addition to providing award-winning quality and performance for its class, the Polycom VSX line also offers secure video for even the most stringent government requirements. In fact, the Polycom VSX series is the only video conferencing line in the market to achieve full FIPS 140-2 validation — The Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Validation: addressing Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules. The designation recognizes Polycom‘s commitment to providing government and enterprise customers with the most advanced security standards compliance.
Additional enhancements of VSX Release 8.7 include:
• Simplified use in mixed networks (SIP + H.323 switching): VSX or V-series endpoints can easily be switched between H.323 and SIP by simply checking a box in the user interface.
• Quality of Service enhancements: Video administrators have greater flexibility when configuring QoS on their video network, with an additional MTU size and expanded sizing for dynamic bandwidth allocation.
• Redundancy for mission critical video conferencing: VSX systems now feature an alternate gatekeeper functionality that allows video administrators to assign an alternate gatekeeper that the system will automatically roll over to in situations where the first gatekeeper is unavailable.
• Remote management (SNMP): SNMP enhancements for remote management using SNMP version 2c.
• Improved video quality for multipoint calls: Improvements in the way VSX and V-series systems handle switches in video from a multi-point bridge (MCU) and the loss of ISDN framing.
• Expanded language support: With the addition of Finnish language support, the VSX systems now support 17 unique languages.
Pricing and Availability
VSX Release 8.7 is now available worldwide at no cost to customers on a standard VSX maintenance agreement.
Polycom, Inc. is the worldwide leader in unified collaborative communications (UCC) that maximize the efficiency and productivity of people and organizations by integrating the broadest array of high definition video, wired and wireless voice, and content solutions to deliver the ultimate collaborative experience. Polycom‘s high quality, standards-based conferencing and collaboration solutions are easy to deploy and manage, as well as intuitive to use. Supported by an open architecture, they integrate seamlessly with leading telephony, workplace wireless telephony, and presence-based networks. With its market-driving technologies, best-in-class products, alliance partnerships, and world-class service, Polycom is the smart choice for organizations seeking proven solutions and a competitive advantage from on-demand communications and collaboration. For additional information, call 800-POLYCOM or visit the Polycom web site at www.polycom.com.
Polycom reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. Products and/or related specifications referenced in this press release are not guaranteed, and will be delivered on a when and if available basis.
Polycom and the Polycom logo are registered trademarks and VSX is a trademark of Polycom in the U.S. and various countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2007, Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved.
Women in CE Inducts 2015 Class of Legacy Award Honorees
Digigram IQOYA *LINK IP Audio-Over-IP Transport System Earns Critical Embedded Solution 2014 Honor
QUANTUM TO SPEAK AT STORAGE VISIONS 2015
Archimedia CMO to Address Media Collaboration Workflows at Storage Visions 2015
Kelly Fair Named Wohler Vice President of Sales
BenQ Unveils World’s First Professional Photography Monitor
Revolabs ISE 2015 Preview
RTI ISE 2015 Show Preview
Pro Control ISE 2015 Show Preview