FARMINGDALE, NY (September 18, 2007) — Now Shipping! Blue Sky‘s new I/ON Passive Studio Monitor is more than the typical in-wall or on-wall speaker, offering distinct features and benefits, far exceeding what has come to be expected from passive studio monitors and in-wall or on-wall speakers. I/ON‘s fully sealed box design–solidly constructed out of acoustic-grade MDF (not plastic)–is 5 times heavier than the typical 6.5″ 2-way in-wall speakers. I/ON offers easy in-wall or on-wall installation with consistent performance no matter how it is mounted and the sealed enclosure provides the correct acoustic volume every time. Also, I/ON is an evolution of Blue Sky‘s critically acclaimed SAT 6.5 MK II active studio monitor, and is designed to integrate perfectly with Blue Sky‘s SUB 12 and SUB 15 Universal. The end result is an in-wall/on-wall passive studio monitor that integrates seamlessly into to your studio, home cinema, boardroom, or other critical listening environment and provides the type of performance our customers have come to expect from Blue Sky.
“Our customers kept insisting we build a custom passive surround monitoring system that matched the performance of our powered systems,” says Blue Sky co-founder, Chris Fichera. “I/ON is the first of many products to address that request. I/ON is already in use by post-production facilities, gaming companies, broadcasting environments, and even the custom home theatre market. Imagine having the ability to watch films, TV shows, and sports broadcast events in the home and hear them in the same way engineers and producers who created them.”
“I have specified Blue Sky monitors for many installations in Los Angeles over the years and all my clients rave about them,” says Charles Pell, President, Cobalt Blue Technology Studio Consulting Services. “I recently specified and installed a 5.1 surround sound theater system into a post production facility using Sat 12′s as the left, center and right speakers, a Sub 15 and (4) new I/ON’s as the surrounds. The owners were looking for full theatrical, high quality sound without having to break the bank and they got it, with interest. I/ON not only expands Blue Sky into other markets, but mine as well.”
Unique features designed into the I/ON Passive Studio Monitor include:
• Studio grade performance; I/ON is an evolution of Blue Sky‘s critically acclaimed SAT 6.5 MK II active studio monitor, designed to integrate perfectly with Blue Sky‘s SUB 12 and SUB 15 Universal.
• Correct 80 Hz roll off; for proper integration with Blue Sky‘s, and also many consumer bass management systems.
• Fully sealed box design; for easy installation in a wall, or on a wall, without needing to rely on the inner wall as an enclosure. This provides the correct acoustic volume every time and eliminates the need for an accessory box to seal off the internal wall.
• Solidly constructed out of acoustic-grade MDF (not plastic); At 21 lbs / 9.5 kg, I/ON is 5 times heavier than the typical 6.5″ two way in-wall speakers.
• Versatile; the same product mounts either in, or on a wall. It can also easily be mounted vertically, horizontally, or upside down.
• Low diffraction clothe grille; greatly minimizes the acoustic impact of the grill cloth and grill frame on the performance of the I/ON Passive Studio Monitor.
• Note: Like all Blue Sky SATs, the I/ON Passive Studio Monitor is designed to perform at its best when matched with a Blue Sky subwoofer such as the SUB 12 or SUB 15 Universal.
• MSRP (US): $599.00 • Shipping NOW
• Product info, contractor specs, and hi-res images available at: www.abluesky.com
About Blue Sky
Blue Sky International currently markets a complete range of full-range monitoring solutions for professionals and these systems are also ideal for those home audio enthusiasts looking for a superior sound experience. Contact Us: T: F: E: email@example.com
In a policy of continuous improvement, Blue Sky reserves the right to change features, specifications and prices without notice. Blue Sky™ is a trademark of Blue Sky International Limited © Blue Sky International.
Lenny Kravitz Goes Wireless With Shure AxientÂ®
Meyer Sound LEO Goes â€śGangnam Styleâ€ť with Psy in South Korea
L.O.C. FOH Mixer on Meyer Sound LEO and LYON: â€śWhatever Sound I Put In is Exactly What Comes Outâ€ť
Matrox at the 2015 NAB Show â€” Product Preview
Christie Delivers Undisputed Performance with Launch of 30,000 Lumen Christie Boxer 4K30 Projector
Christie H Series Joins Powerful and Distinguished 1DLP Roster
Vegas Dealers Can Hit the Jackpot with AV Warehouseâ€™s HD Technology Showcase February 26 – 27 at the Las Vegas Country Club
Masque Sound Delivers a Basket Full of Sonic Goodies in Revival of Sondheim and Lapineâ€™s Fairy Tale Inspired Musical, Into the Woods
New Clay Paky Stormy Fixtures Join Slipknot Tour