State-of-the-art financial labs enhance students‘ learning experience with hands-on functionality and real-world learning
SHAWNEE, KS – October 9, 2007 – Rise Vision, Inc., a provider of web-based content management software for interactive control of digital signage networks, announces that its university clients are increasing their investment in digital signage technology to build state-of-the-art financial labs for their business school students. Digital signage used in trading labs includes tickers and large-screen monitors that display information such as stock quotes, headline news, and financial information in real time.
“Universities recognize that the hands-on learning available in a fully equipped financial trading lab offers their students a tremendous advantage,” said Ryan Cahoy of Rise Vision. “They are increasing their investment in digital signage and other technologies to build centers that rival anything found in a Wall Street environment.”
More than 100 business schools across the US and Canada have worked with Rise Vision to design and deploy the digital signage used in their financial trading rooms. Rise is proud to announce five new systems that were completed for the Fall 2007 semester:
- Samford University in Birmingham, AL has transformed a computer lab into a trading lab by adding two 57-inch LCDs, a four-foot by 10-foot LED wallboard, and a 12-foot financial ticker.
- Indiana State University in Terre Haute, IN has installed a 46-inch LCD and LED ticker measuring more than 30-feet-long in its lobby to attract attention to a new Financial Trading Room. Inside the classroom, the university is using two 57-inch LCDs and a 25-foot-long ticker to create a financial atmosphere.
- Mississippi College in Clinton, MS has completed the renovations to its college of business by adding a 24-foot ticker and two 46-inch LCDs in the new finance classroom, as well as a 15-foot ticker and two 46-inch LCD displays housed in a custom wooden enclosure in the entryway greeting visitors.
- The University of Scranton in Scranton, PA wrapped a 107-foot-long stock ticker around three walls of the classroom to create a unique and attention-getting environment. In addition to the LED ticker, four strategically placed 57-inch NEC LCDs display a mixture of live TV and broad market indicators.
- The Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR installed three tickers (24 foot, 30 foot, and 10 foot) along with a four-foot by eight-foot LED wallboard to help manage more than $12 million in funds
Rise Vision develops the Rise Display Network, a web-based content management system that enables users to quickly, easily, and cost-effectively create customized content for a network of large format public information displays. Companies can choose live content options including stock ticker feeds, sports scores and live news and incorporate their own custom information for a simple subscription per video output.
About Rise Vision, Inc.
Rise Vision (formerly Rise Softools), develops the Rise Display Network, an internet-based display control center that enables users to manage digital signage networks via the web anytime, anywhere. Universities, financial institutions, and businesses nationwide use the Rise Display Network to deliver customized, compelling content to flat-screen LCD or plasma displays. Rise Vision‘s digital signage is installed in thousands of sites, enabling companies to attract attention and deliver their message to public information displays featuring live weather, sports, financial information, and news. Rise Vision partners with industry-leading companies to deliver a complete digital signage solution, including SYNNEX Corporation for distribution, NEC Display Solutions for LCDs, Peerless Industries for mounting solutions, Minicom Advanced Systems for video distribution, and Matrox for video cards. Rise Vision was founded in 1992 and has offices in Shawnee, KS USA and Etobicoke, ON Canada. For more information, call 877.538.7473 or visit www.risevision.com.
Rise Vision, Inc.
Harris Media Services
SMPTE Announces Leadership for Key 2014 Events
RockWave Fiber Systems Deploys Riedel RockNet Audio Network for Red Bull and Traxxas TORC Racing Events
Archimedia Announces Upgraded Master Player Software With Support for Jog/Shuttle Controller and New IMF Format
Martin Audio OmniLine Meets Challenges Of Essex University Lecture Theater
Domyos Uses Digigram AQILIM *SERV/FIT to Enable Live Streaming Fitness Courses
Berlin Philharmonic Celebrates 50th Anniversary With Harman Studer Vista 9
Q-Sound Doubles Up on HARMAN Soundcraft Vi1 Following Success in Two Cultural Events
Screen Innovations Now Shipping Black Diamond Tiles
Clay Paky Sharpys and grandMA2 Get the Justin Timberlake Experience on His New World Tour