A virtual press conference from Sound & Video Contractor

AMD/MEDIAPOINTE ENSEMBLE STREAMING SERVER OFFERS KEYWORD SEARCH AND SUPPORTS TANDBERG CONTENT

Universities, Businesses Can Offer On Demand Video and Videoconferences to Students or Staff

NEWBURY PARK, Calif. – June 18, 2008 – Advanced Media Design (AMD), developer of the award-winning AV-over-IP collaboration technology MediaPOINTE®, today announced its MediaPOINTE Ensemble, a server that stores and streams video files over a network unlike any other available in the market today. Ensemble allows organizations to consolidate disparate multimedia communications assets into a single, unified content management portal.

Ensemble holds thousands of hours of rich media content and recorded video including those made by TANDBERG’s Content Server™; users can search on keywords and access files over a LAN, WAN or Intranet.

MediaPOINTE’s Ensemble can be used in a myriad of ways across campus and across a corporation: salespeople can watch new product videos on demand; students can watch lectures by specific professors; and new employees can watch safety or training videos or videoconferences on their PCs, in a lecture hall or library, or on their iPODs®.

“It’s like YouTube for your office or school,? said Gareth Wade, vice president sales and marketing, AMD/MediaPOINTE. “Imagine searching on a term like ‘human resources’ or ‘physics’ and finding a host of videos and recorded videoconferences relating to those topics. It’s a quick and easy way to find and watch video on anything in particular.?

MediaPOINTE’s Ensemble offers a “watch directory? import option that increases publishing flexibility for high-volume batch encoding, importing content from external sources, and easy integration with other video technologies. The watch directory can be set up to monitor network-accessible media directories so, as media and metadata files (XML shadow files) are
added, new video entries are automatically created in Ensemble libraries. Ensemble also integrates with the TANDBERG Content Server so videoconferences can easily be published to the Web.

MediaPOINTE Ensemble’s intuitive wizard-based content administrator interface requires very little training and support, so it’s easy for systems administrators to upload video and audio files in multi format types including those in Windows® Media, Real Media, QuickTime®, Flash, MPEG4, MPEG2 and MP3.

Designed to easily integrate with a full range of video capture and creation technologies including MediaPOINTE’s line of DMRs (Digital Media Recorders), Ensemble supports multiple media formats and different media servers including the TANDBERG Content Server to help organizations maximize the value of their video assets. The advanced dynamic content search function allows users to find specific video topics on the Ensemble server and stream them to their computers or iPods.

“Recording videoconferences and then storing and streaming them to a wider audience ensures that enterprises maximize their business communications investment,? added Wade. “The integration between MediaPOINTE Ensemble and the TANDBERG Content Server supports this demand and facilitates content management in a centralized, easy to use location.?

About Advanced Media Design.
Founded in 1979, Advanced Media Design, Inc. is the leading provider of AV-over-IP solutions to the audio-visual industry for enterprise, government, healthcare, and educational applications, and is a Master Value Added Distributor for TANDBERG. The company has received international recognition for the development of the acclaimed MediaPOINTE AV-over-IP platform and products, the emerging standard for visual communications and media collaboration. For more information, visit www.mediapointe.com.

###

MediaPOINTE is a registered trademark of Advanced Media Design. Windows is a registered trademark of MicroSoft. QuickTime and iPOD are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. TANDBERG Content Server is a trademark of TANDBERG.

Leading Saudi Arabia University Goes All Renkus-Heinz
Rogue Element Embraces an Open Source Philosophy
Event Safety Alliance To Host Industry’s First Ever Safety Summit in December
Christie’s Donation to CHOC Children’s Hospital Helps Create Movie Theater for Young Patients
Singer/Songwriter Passenger Rides Along with HARMAN’s AKG DMS700 V2 Wireless Microphone System
Canon U.S.A. Introduces New REALiS WUX6000, Expanding the REALiS Pro AV Installation LCOS Projector Lineup
ABS Refreshes KGW News Studio with Updated Lighting Package, Video Wall
Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) IBC2014 Wrap-Up
Extron Now Shipping Single-Gang DTP Wallplate Transmitters for HDMI
Grand Ole Opry Backs Up Reputation as “Country Music’s Most Famous Stage” with HARMAN’s Studer Vista 9 and Vista 5 M2 Digital Consoles

About

Stay up to date on the latest technology news. Select press representatives post company news several times a day. Check back often to get the latest news on product releases, mergers and acquisitions, and product applications. To be included in this virtual press conference, please contact The Wire.

Calendar

June 2008
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  

Your Account

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Subscribe to MyYahoo News Feed

Subscribe to Bloglines

Google Syndication