A virtual press conference from Sound & Video Contractor

North Carolina State University Gives Coax the Axe, Selects HaiVision’s Video Furnace for IP Video Distribution

HaiVision’s Turnkey Video-Over-IP System Provides Flexible, Cost-Effective, Low-Maintenance Alternative to Campus-Wide Cable TV System

MONTREAL and CHICAGO — Jan. 13, 2010 — HaiVision Network Video today announced that its Video Furnace end-to-end video-over-IP solution is being implemented by North Carolina State University (NC State) as a replacement for its CATV system and to enable flexible, cost-effective delivery of video to the university’s academic and administrative buildings. The Video Furnace system also supports livecast of on-campus events into overflow areas, with video saved as a video-on-demand (VOD) asset or broadcast on the NC State television channel.

NC State used the Video Furnace technology on short notice to support the visit from Barack Obama at Reynolds Coliseum during the North Carolina primary. With an hour’s notice they set up a large screen display and six displays scattered around the floor with no coax cable. By configuring the network accordingly and using set-top boxes and mini switches, they were able to live stream the event for the international community.

HaiVision’s Video Furnace System provides a secure, easy-to-use, and simple-to-deploy system for encoding and distributing live video to computers and set-top boxes; for creating scheduled playback channels for enterprise TV and signage; for accessing course reserve material; and for recording content and delivering video on demand. Within this turnkey system, the Furnace Portal Server controls the direct and secure distribution of video to both the “zero footprint” InStream™ player and the STINGRAY™ set-top box. The Furnace Playback Manager supports scheduled channels for IP video broadcast and signage. Integrated conditional access provides the university with management and control over viewing activities and privileges.

Through a series of pilot projects, NC State is using HaiVision technology to bring video into more than 30 academic and administrative buildings, with plans to deliver video to upwards of 100 such buildings, and approximately 100 television channels into student dormitories. Future prospects for HaiVision include its use for video delivery to public displays, IPTV delivery of the student media department’s “Wolf TV” channel, VOD bringing specific content to the classroom, and interactive video and capture for the university’s College of Veterinary Medicine.

The use of video over IP solution provides for a cost-effective solution by using a single campus wiring infrastructure, the IP network. HaiVision provides a standards-based solution that offers all the required functionality, tools, and middleware to provide content to students across campus through either a computer or a set-top box. The savings on infrastructure, time, and cost were significant.

Complete information on HaiVision products, including recent case studies and application notes, is available within the download center at www.haivision.com.

# # #

About HaiVision Network Video
Based in Montreal and Chicago, HaiVision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced video networking technology and IPTV solutions. HaiVision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies, in the most rigorous military and defense applications, in healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training, for education and remote learning, in interactive broadcast applications, in IPTV applications, and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. HaiVision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.

All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.

ENDS

Digg Syndication Del.icio.us Syndication Google Syndication MyYahoo Syndication Reddit Syndication

Related Topics: Cables, News

InfoComm Announces Education Line Up at ISE 2015
First UK InfoComm CTS-I Prep Course
Arch Enemy Finds an Ally in HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console
BLACK FRIDAY SONNOX SALE IS BACK
Event Enterprises Supplements NEXO M28 Arsenal, Adds Yamaha QL5 and DSRs
Texas Crew Productions Meets ‘IRONMAN’ Challenge with Zylight F8 LED Fresnel
X2O Media to Present Two Sessions at the Next|Video Conference @ GV Expo
Advanced Systems Group Adds Ed Chen to Sales Staff
FSR’s New HuddleVU Collaboration System Earns Tech & Learning 2014 Award of Excellence
Nitin Sawhney Transcends With Martin Audio MLA At Albert Hall

About

Stay up to date on the latest technology news. Select press representatives post company news several times a day. Check back often to get the latest news on product releases, mergers and acquisitions, and product applications. To be included in this virtual press conference, please contact The Wire.

Calendar

January 2010
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Feb »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Your Account

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Subscribe to MyYahoo News Feed

Subscribe to Bloglines

Google Syndication