We have launched our new site! The Wire backend has moved to www.svconline.com. Your can log on now with your e xisting credentials. For your reference, posting instructions have been sent to your email. Note: postings made to the old backend will be redirected through Thursday Feb 19th. Please make the switch to www.svconline.com as soon as possible.

If you have questions please email thewire@svconline.com.

Looking forward to seeing you on the new site!

A virtual press conference from Sound & Video Contractor

Haivision Announces the General Availability of Makito X2 – the Highest Density H.264 HD Encoding Appliance

Haivision’s Makito X2 delivers extreme quality to reduce bandwidth needs by as much as 50 percent and provides the highest HD encoding density available for live streaming

MONTREAL and CHICAGO — March 21, 2013 — Haivision today announced the general availability of Makito™ X2, the company’s next generation, dual channel, low-latency HD-SDI H.264 encoder. The Makito X2 is the first Haivision product to incorporate the company’s Makito X Series technology, delivering higher quality video to meet HD streaming challenges at a significantly reduced bitrate. The Makito X2 also achieves the highest 1080p60 H.264 encoding density supporting up to 12 sources in a single rack unit chassis.

The Makito X2 carries forward the extreme performance of the original Makito with 55 millisecond encoding latency. Tailored for the most demanding enterprise, medical, and military applications, the Makito X2 also supports multi-bitrate (MBR) streaming and can output 4 different stream bitrate profiles per source (from 32 kbps to 25 Mbps) over MPEG transport stream or RTMP. Other advanced and mature features, many inherited from the Makito, include downscaling, de-interlacing, deblocking, forward error correction, encryption, closed captioning, and key length value (KLV) metadata for full motion video (FMV) applications.

“In order to address today’s video workflows within the enterprise and across the Internet, system designers look for bandwidth efficiency,” said Mirko Wicha, president, and CEO of Haivision. “Not only does the Makito X2 yield the same quality at half the bandwidth, it couples this with remarkable density, performance, and features so our clients can address mission critical applications.”

Haivision’s low latency encoder is ideal for virtually any streaming challenge, including video backhaul, interactive applications, HIPAA compliant streaming in healthcare, delivering critical video feeds to financial traders and general purpose campus IPTV. The Makito X2 can also support enterprise head-end projects such as delivering HD channels throughout a facility over secure, encrypted multicast video using Haivision’s Furnace to centrally manage set top boxes and performance multiview players for broadcast monitoring. Supporting multi-bitrate streaming and a variety of stream encapsulations, the Makito X2 delivers high quality video to decision makers, collaborators, and casual users regardless of location, network, or device.

Haivision will demonstrate the Makito X2 at the NAB Show in Las Vegas on April 8-11 at booth SL6605.

More information about Haivision is available at www.haivision.com.

About Haivision
Haivision delivers advanced technology for streaming, recording, managing, and distributing secure IP video and interactive media within the enterprise, education, medical/healthcare, and federal/military markets. Haivision is a private company based in Montreal and Chicago, with technical excellence centers in Beaverton, Ore.; Austin, Texas; Atlanta, Ga.; and Hamburg, Germany. With a global sales and support organization, Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide. More information is available at www.haivision.com.

All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.

Twitter: www.twitter.com/haivision
Facebook: www.facebook.com/haivision
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/haivision

For further information, please contact:
Jennifer Gazin, PR and Communications Manager
Tel: +1 (514) 334-5445
Email: jgazin@haivision.com
Website: www.haivision.com

AV Concepts Pushes Envelope with Dante Media Networking for Live Event Production
Masque Sound Helps Audiences Explore The Mystery of Love & Sex
Metric Halo Supports SCA Spring Fling
Sergio Mendes and will.i.am have a (Governors) Ball with DPA Microphones
StrandVision Offers Personal Finance Tips in Latest Set of Employee Digital Signage Communications Animated Templates
Ashly Saves the Day at Rocky Mountain Classical Academy
StoreStreams to Offer Turnkey In-Store Radio to Businesses
Audinate Announces “Audio over IP in Broadcast with Dante” Event in London
Renkus-Heinz Helps Conquer Audio Challenges in Canadian Museum for Human Rights
Additional Danley Speakers Handle Seating Expansion at Life Pentecostal Church

About

Stay up to date on the latest technology news. Select press representatives post company news several times a day. Check back often to get the latest news on product releases, mergers and acquisitions, and product applications. To be included in this virtual press conference, please contact The Wire.

Calendar

March 2013
M T W T F S S
« Feb   Apr »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Your Account

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Subscribe to MyYahoo News Feed

Subscribe to Bloglines

Google Syndication