Avid will hold daily S3L training sessions and demonstrate its new VENUE 4.5 software that adds groundbreaking capabilities to the powerful system
WHAT: Live sound engineers can get hands-on with Avid’s S3L, Profile, and SC48 Remote systems at InfoComm 2014. Avid recently announced new VENUE 4.5 software that adds significant capabilities to an already powerful system—many of which break new ground to enable workflows never before offered by a live sound system. Avid will demonstrate how these new capabilities enable users to
- Share I/O between systems, with advanced gain management, over Ethernet AVB
- Customize the S3 control surface for their workflow with user-definable fader layouts
- Get enhanced surface workflows, navigation, and visual feedback
- Explore infinite sonic possibilities with support for 64-bit Pro Tools® AAX plug-ins
- Mix Pro Tools and other DAW sessions using just the S3 control surface and a laptop
Avid will hold hands-on S3L training sessions twice daily during the show, led by veteran live sound engineer and Avid senior market specialist, Robert Scovill. The training sessions are free, but space is limited. Users can register here to reserve a spot.
Avid will also demo the Dugan-VN16 automixing option card—a powerful option for Avid live systems that helps live sound engineers easily mix speech and dialog across multiple live mics.
When used together, Avid live sound systems and Pro Tools deliver tightly integrated recording and mixing control of live or in-studio productions. As they’re run on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, users have access to the Avid Marketplace where they can network, collaborate with other media professionals and even monetize their work.
WHEN: June 18-20, 2014
S3L training sessions will take place twice daily at 10am-12pm and 2-4pm on June 18-20
WHERE: InfoComm 2014 in Las Vegas, NV
- Avid’s live sound systems will be showcased at the Avid booth #C11716
- S3L training sessions will take place in the Avid demo room N207/208
- Visitors can also find the S3L at the AVnu Pavilion #C11350
Related Topics: InfoComm News